Project Coordinator Position
Job Description & Duties
This is a new position with a lot of potential. The position is 38 hours per week. The following is required:
- A clean driving record.
- Able to take the initiative to build this program
- Ability to coordinate fresh produce deliveries to existing member agencies of the Food Bank, and coordinate volunteer help in preparing and staging produce allocations.
- Public relation skills. Polite and professional interaction with agency representatives and clients.
- Great organizational skills
- Attention to detail A MUST
- Ability to lift 35-50 pounds repeatedly
- Forklift certification a plus but not required
The Produce Coordinator will be responsible for making contact and arranging delivery of fresh produce to a number of rural sites between May and October. The P/C’s job duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Building produce loads based on number of estimated clients at each site.
- Preparing produce for each delivery.
- Compiling the largest variety of produce for each load, taking into consideration shelf-life versus distribution times.
- Work with O/SM and O/A to decide load size for each agency.
- Establish a schedule weekly/monthly for delivery days/dates and times.
- Creating a calendar for the months of May-October of delivery/pick-up dates and times.
- The P/C may be responsible for handling client sign-in sheets if pantry representative is unable to staff the distribution.
- Ticket all outgoing product by agency, pounds and date.
- Coordinate, train and oversee volunteers to assist in the sorting and staging of agency allocations.
The Seasonal Position is one that will require a wide variety of job duties from October through April. Job duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Assisting or filling in for the driver with food drive pick-ups, barrel/food drive supply deliveries and running miscellaneous errands.
- Helping the Order Puller with pulling orders for agencies and learning the inventory system.
- Becoming forklift certified (if not already.)
The Utility Position will require learning specific skills in various staff positions to enable fluid transition of operations in the event of staff vacations or absences. A basic knowledge of computers and familiarity with Excel preferred.
- Learning the duties of the Operations Assistant, including the processes for data entry, allocating orders, ticketing process, inventory etc.
- Learning the drivers’ routes, pick-up times and store contacts.
The Klamath Food Project Coordinator will be responsible for setting up year round food drives for this program. The position would also require tracking, delivering and picking up the Klamath Food Project bags from locations where food drives were held.
Pay range- $11-13 per hour to start. Your hard work will determine your financial success.
No health insurance, but you’ll be eligible for a Flex Spending Account, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email:
Click here to download a printable pdf version of this announcement